Monday, March 7, 2011

Consider me slapped.

It happened.  

I'd heard of it.

But, I'd never experienced it.

What is "it?"

It is is that slap in the face from reality.

Most people reference a horrid photo as the catalyst to beginning a diet. 

This was not my case.

What was my catalyst?

A beloved pair of silky pajamas.

A pair of jammies my husband gave
 me for Valentine's Day some years ago.


They are a bit tacky.
I mean they are red and pink.
Those colors should never be together.
But I loved them.

I slipped them on last night.
I took a look in the mirror
and was

H
O
R
R
I
F
I
E
D

It was not pretty.
Of, course the red and pink didn't help.

But egads!

You know how people keep that horrible 
picture on their fridge or in their wallet
to keep them on track?

I have made this swatch 


My wallpaper on my computer at work
and the wallpaper on my iphone.

It's kind of embarrassing.

I mean, this is more my style...







    


But, I'm not feeling like myself these days....

I'm feeling a bit more like 


And it's high time I make a change.


Consider me slapped.











1 comment:

  1. My slap came when my favorite pair of jeans could not handle the extreme pressure my larger butt was applying to them and decided relieve some of the pressure by tearing. Oh the humility. Sometimes we need to get slapped to be able to focus on what is important.

    ReplyDelete